Simple step by step procedures for successful treatment of roads with
Application of solution does not require any specialty equipment as the product is in liquid form and can be diluted as soon as it is added in any standard water truck used for spraying water in road construction. can be applied by using some of the equipment used in road construction.
- A grader with minimum 5 tynes (rippers) of about 300mm length to rip the existing soil,
- A standard water tank truck with a spray bar at the back to spray the water with the diluted ( The holes in the spray bar must be 5mm)
- A Vibrating steel drum roller of about 8 to 12 tons to compact the treated surface.
- A multi rubber tyred roller for final compaction finishing
- First test the soil to ensure that it is within the scope of the treatment criteria (see notes on Soil Stability)
- Grade and contour the road to the finished levels and cross-falls. Use the grader blade to clean, cut and form drainage channels on both sides of the road. Surplus clean soil from the drainage may be spread over the road if so desired.
- Calculate the quantity of needed for the area to be treated. After calculating and mixing the dosage (see note below on mixing) apply a surface spray to the total area PRIOR TO ripping the surface..
NOTE: It is most important to apply the diluted as early as possible, (Immediately after completing step 2) especially in tropical conditions.
Road treatment with section tyned at depth of 150 mm
4. Using grader with tynes (rippers), rip the road to ensure the required 150 mm depth and windrow the soil to the sides of box section. Use roller to break up lumps if required and then apply one pass to the opened section ensuring even coverage.
5. Use the grader to return 30% of the windrowed soil to the section using grader and apply evenly another spray pass of to opened section.
6. Return further 30% of the soil to the section using grader and apply a third spray pass to the opened section.
7. Return total soil to the section, ensuring that side drains are shaped and then apply fourth spray pass.
8. Commence compaction by preferably using a vibrating steel roller to compact the total 150 mm section of the road. Apply the required number of passes with the steel drum roller to suit the type soil.
9. Using grader, trim and shape cross-falls as required in conjunction with compaction.
10. Apply final spray pass to the surface as shaping and compaction takes place.
11. If a multi tyred roller is available, this can be used additionally to obtain a final compaction finish.
12. If the road is to be immediately to traffic has a high clay content or the gradient is greater than 1 in 3, then apply a thin layer of crusher dust over the compacted surface and then apply a further spray of diluted at a rate of 1:500.
Commence compaction on total 150 mm section. Apply the required number of passes with a steel drum roller to soil type.
13. To cure road, use retained portion of diluted to 1:500 the following day over the total surface.
14. Upon completion of compaction the road is given immediately to the traffic to be used by public. Curing of treated roads is fast and simple. Due to its Dewatering properties roads treated with dry very fast and some cracks on the surface on the following day are common occurrence. We normally do the curing the following day by spraying one liter of diluted in 1,000 liters of water.
Road treated with and added a 2” (5cm) of granular (sandy) material on the wearing surface.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT OVERDOSE
OVERDOSING DOES NOT ASSIST THE COMPACTION AT ALL. IT IS ONLY WASTING MONEY AND MAY HAVE THE EFFECT OF CREATING A TEMPORARY GREASY SURFACE.
IF INADVERTANTLY, A SECTION OF ROAD HAS BEEN OVERDOSED AND THE FINISHED SURFACE IS GREASY, APPLY A THIN LAYER OF CRUSHED DUSTAND HEAVILY WATER THE ROAD. OVERDOZING WILL NOT AFFECT THE COMPACTED SOIL
Maintenance of roads treated with
In addition to the simple and easy steps of applying , equally easy and extremely economical is the maintenance of surfaces treated with .
Though once applied it remains permanently in the soil and transforms into a kind of solid flexible mattress of tightly compacted soil particles, during wet weather conditions it reacts and repels excessive water keeping the mass solid and passable at all times. Therefore no maintenance is required in the inner part of the treated with mass. Only in the event that for some reason the mass is excavated, then the application of must replied in the same method as originally applied.
However in the case of the surface always will have its share of wearing damage which frequency is depending on the traffic volume passing through the treated area. There are no standard maintenance schedules for such roads repairs are performed only when the surface is determined as damaged.
Usually the surface of such roads over time and depending on traffic volume it develops small potholes which are repairable very easy and extremely economically as the repair is done with the use of a grader to just scrape lightly the surface of the road, level and shape it with the appropriate grading and afterwards use a mixture of a ratio one litter of Ionic Solution into 1,000 litters water to spray on the surface and pass it over with a non-vibrating roller.
Same method of maintenance is applied for the entire life time of the road. This simple maintenance is not only easy, fast and extremely economical if compared with other types of road repairs, it also further benefits the treated road because every time is applied during repairs it stays in the soil permanently and in most cases further increases the thickness of the treated mass, Meaning the more frequent the schedules of maintenance are performed, the stronger the treated area becomes. Sealants like cement, Asphalt and others despite the high cost of digging and cleaning the damaged surface it reduces the value of the treated area due to weakening the areas around the repaired portions.
Applying does not require any special equipment. Just the universally used standard equipment for road construction i.e
a.) Grader with rippers to box out and windrow the soil to the sides of the road, bring the soil back in parts to be blended with and shape the road before compaction.
b.) Water tank with a spray bar attached at the rear of the water truck for even watering and application of in soil.
c.) Vibrating Drum Roller (8 ton to 12 ton) for maximum compaction after applying the product.
WINDROWED SOIL AT THE SIDES OF THE ROAD TO BE BROUGHT BACK, TREATED WITH AND COMPACTED
Pictures below are showing typical application process of
Compaction of soil after applying
NOTE: If you have a technical question please contact us on our contact page.